Projects, References, and Publications
- Center of Excellence for Flood Risk Management and Flood-Resistant Construction (together with the University of Kaiserslautern) - 01/2017 - 12/2019 on behalf of the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Consultation within the frame of the evaluation of the Bavarian polder concept and attendance of the alliance "flood protection for our homeland" during the process of public participation and dialog on behalf of the alliance "flood protection for our homeland" (framework agreement with the citiy Höchstädt the alliance).
- Feasibility analysis "Heavy rain - Protective measures in streams to prevent erosion and consequential damage due to bedload in Rhineland-Palatinate" on behalf of the State Office for environment of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Evaluation of the new department of Hydraulic Engineering in the Thüringer Landgesellschaft mbH on behalf of the Thüringer Landgesellschaft mbH - 2nd project phase.
- Center of Excellence for Flood Risk Management and Flood-Resistant Construction (together with the University of Kaiserslautern) - 01/2016 - 12/2016 on behalf of the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Feasibility analysis "Heavy rain - Protective measures against driftwood in streams to prevent driftwood jam and consequential damage on selected streams in the Donnersbergkreis" on behalf of the State Office for environment of the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Creation of technical documentation for closure of the fractured Elbe dike next to Fischbeck on behalf of the Landesbetrieb für Hochwasserschutz und Wasserwirtschaft Saxony-Anhalt.
- Creating of a transferable protection concept to minimize damage to gully systems using geo-, bio- and engineering measures related to renewable energy - example Voi, Kenya, in collaboration with the Freie Universität Berlin on behalf of the Hans Sauer Foundation.
- Development of a methodology for real-time assessment of flood situations from dike breaks as a result of the experience gained from the flood in June 2013 on behalf of the Landesbetrieb für Hochwasserschutz und Wasserwirtschaft Saxony-Anhalt.
- Creating of an integrated flood prevention concept for the Modern Gallery of the Saarlandmuseum in Saarbrücken in collaboration with icon Ing.-Büro H. Webler on behalf of the Stiftung Saarländischer Kulturbesitz.
- Scientific monitoring for the implementation of the FRMD in Rhineland-Palatinate from 01/2014 – 12/2015 on behalf of the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry for the Environment, Agriculture, Food, Wine and Forestry (MULEWF).
- Center of Excellence for Flood Risk Management and Flood-Resistant Construction (together with the Technical University-Kaiserslautern) from January 2014-December 2015. On behalf of and funded by Luxembourg and the German federal states of Saarland and Rheinland-Pfalz.
- Cooperation in the project “Historic discharge data for the Elbe – derivation of daily outflows at the level Magdeburg-Strombrücke from 1727-1890” on behalf of the German Federal Institute of Hydrology.
- Evaluation of the new department of Hydraulic Engineering in the Thüringer Landgesellschaft mbH on behalf of the Thüringer Landgesellschaft mbH.
- Scientific advising for the further development of an early flood warning system and water balance modeling using the LARSIM modeling software for the State Office of the Environment, Water Management, and Commercial Inspectorate, Rheinland-Pfalz (February 2013-November 2014).
- Teaching in the Bachelor’s Program of Civil Engineering at the University of Namibia. On behalf of the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ).
- Evaluation of 2013 flooding in Saxony-Anhalt. On behalf of the State Office for Flood Prevention and Water Management in Saxony-Anhalt (LKW)
- Collaboration on the European Union project “Serious Community 2.0 Prevent Flooding” (developing a “Serious Game” for flood risk management). Led and funded by the Department of Engineering Hydrology at the RWTH Aachen University, on behalf of the Cologne Center of Excellence for Flood Risk Management, e. V.
Conferences & Events
- Organization of the Forum for flood risk management (currently in preparation of the 10th Forum on June 21st, 2018 in Dresden).
- Workshop of the Academy for Crisis Management, Emergency Planning and Civil Protection on 3rd - 4th May 2018 in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler (joint organizer together with the flood emergency association Rhine eV (HWNG Rhine), the Flood Competence Centre Association (HKC), the Information and Advice Centre flood prevention Rhineland-Palatinate (IBH), International Centre of Supporting Flood Partnerships (HPI) and the University of Kaiserslautern)